How do I fix Error Code 0x80070490 in Windows 10?. Error 0x80070490 is a status code that indicates a damaged file or process in the System Component Store or in Component-Based Servicing (CBS). The error code 0x80070490 occurs most often when you upgrade Windows 10 or when you upgrade to a downloaded from the Microsoft Store app. In some cases, restarting the device can fix the error.
Occasionally, corrupt files are detected in the “Component Store” or “Component-Based Servicing” which can cause the error or other problems including:
- Antivirus problems
- Synchronization problems
- Corrupted system files
Error code 0x80070490 limits you to updating Windows 10 to the latest version. While you can skip updating Windows 10, it is not recommended that you skip the update as older versions may support the latest applications.
In this tutorial, you will learn about four different methods that you can use to fix error code 0x80070490. Before attempting to fix the error using the methods below, it is recommended to restart the device once and update Windows 10 again.
Similar post : https://errorslab.com/0x80070020/
Error code 0x80070490 in Windows 10 fixes
Method 1: Turn off antivirus
As mentioned above, your antivirus may be causing this error. In some cases it is found that virus protection is limiting the system and then the system generates this error. Although the success rate is quite low, it will save a lot of time if it works for you.
With this method, all you have to do is disable your antivirus. Some users uninstall and antivirus. If you’re about to uninstall, hold the button and read the next sentence. If the antivirus is the cause, simply fixing the error can fix the error. Uninstalling the application is a waste of effort.
Just uncheck and uncheck and see if the error code 0x80070490 is fixed or not. If it’s still there, then you need to try method 2.
Method 2: Create a new local account with administrator rights
Another way to fix error code 0x80070490 is to create a new local account on your device and then assign all administrator rights to that account. This account can be used to try to update Windows 10.
To avoid data loss, you need to follow the steps below
- Create a new user account on your device
- Assign all administrator rights to the new local account.
- Move all of your personal files and documents to your new user account.
- Now delete your old account and log in with the new account.
- Once you’ve successfully signed in, connect your Microsoft account to it.
When you are done with these steps, update Windows 10 now and see if the error is resolved or not. If the error persists then you need to move on to method 3.
Method 3: start the update troubleshooter
With this method, you must actually use a troubleshooter to correct the update process. These troubleshooting programs are the tools built into Windows 10 that you can use to fix various system errors. These fixes will help you troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
To run the update troubleshooter, you need to do the following steps
- Go to the system settings.
- Navigate to the Update and Security option and click on it.
- Select the Troubleshoot option and click on it.
- Find and select the Windows Update option.
- Another option will appear: “Run the troubleshooter”. Click on it.
- The troubleshooting dialog is displayed.
- Follow all the instructions on the screen.
- When the process is complete, restart your system.
Now try again to update Windows 10. The error code 0x80070490 may have been resolved and you should not receive this error. However, if the error persists then you need to move on to method 4.
Method 4: System File Checker Scan
So far, we have tried to fix error code 0x80070490 using soft methods. Now we are going to use the advanced system tools to fix the error. This method may fix the problem for you.
Here we are using the SFC scan tool and accessing this tool. You must use the command prompt with administrator rights. SFC cannot function without administrator rights. Follow the below mentioned steps to get rid of the error code 0x80070490.
- Navigate to the start button and click on it.
- Search for “cmd” in the start window.
- The prompt is displayed. Right click on it.
- Select the “Run as administrator” option.
- The command prompt window will appear. Now enter “sfc / scannow”.
- Hit enter.
- The system is performing a specific process. Once the scan is complete, the results will be displayed on your screen.
- If the result shows that the CBS Store is corrupted, run the following command in the same window.
- When the cleaning process finishes, close the Command Prompt window.
- Press Windows Key + R and open the Run window.
- In the Run window, type “services.msc” and press Enter.
- Navigate to the “Windows Update” option and right click on it
- Select the Restart option.
- Now restart your device.
After restarting your device, try again to update Windows 10. This time no errors are displayed.
Error code 0x80070490 final remarks
All of these methods are placed because of their complexity, and skipping either method is not a right decision. You need to try these methods serially. If the 4th method fails to fix the error code 0x80070490, it is recommended to reinstall Windows 10 as I am afraid that this error cannot be fixed with the current Windows 10.