Many Windows users are facing this numerous Windows clients are facing this Windows Update error code that is 0x800f0984? that is preventing users from accessing their frameworks. As reported by a few users who have experienced this issue, it appears that the Windows Update blunder 0x800f0984 happened after the introduction of the new KB5001330 upgrade for Windows 10 in 20H2 in 2004. This is a similar error that users made when trying to introduce Windows 10, Cumulative update KB5000842.
The update KB5001330 was a mandatory update that was designed to correct the issues caused from the previous update, which included the issues that have been recurring with printers. This article will inform you how to get rid of this issue. Windows 10 Update mistake code (0x800f0984).
What Is the Windows 10 Error Code 0x800f0984?
This Windows Update administration is designed to improve the entire process in refreshing the Windows PC. In general, the system that refreshes is programmed, meaning that Windows automatically downloads and brings all updates available to your computer. The updates are based on certain functions and security features to protect your PC from threats.
The Windows Update error code 0x800f0984 occurs when you attempt to launch refreshes. The blunder code signifies “PSFX_E_MATCHING_BINARY_MISSING (Matching part index exists however twofold absent)”.
A few users on Reddit were furious when their update status remained sluggish at 20%, and on the other hand, at 73%, and then at this point, 100 percent, then the update finally slowed down.
So, what’s the reason for that Windows Update mistake code 0x800f0984? If you’re assuming that the Windows Update administration neglects to operate in a timely manner, you’ll most likely have issues trying to initiate refreshes. In addition, the incorrect code 0x800f0984 might be a result of the framework’s records being corrupted. This could result from programming conflicts.
In a variety of situations, your antivirus may be blocking documents from being downloaded onto your computer. If this is the case, try briefly to disable your antivirus program and test on the chance that updates work.
There are some fixes you can try to find your Windows 10 Update error code 0x800f0984.
How to Get Rid of the Error Code 0x800f0984 When Updating Windows 10
Fix 1: Use the Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows computers come with in-assembled investigators that help detect issues and correct them accordingly. This Windows Update investigation will scan to fix any issues that are related to updating on your computer.
Here’s how to use the troubleshooter:
- Open your Settings app (Win + I).
- Go to Update & Security
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Navigate to the “Additional troubleshooters” link on the right sidebar and select it.
- On the next page, find the “Windows Update” option, left-click on it once, and click on “Run the troubleshooter”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to try and resolve the Windows Update error code 0x800f0984.
- Let the process run uninterrupted, and restart your PC once it completes.
Fix 2: Run the DISM and SFC Tools
The the DISM (Deployment of Image Services and Management) instrument is an Windows implicit program that aids in fixing and supplanting degenerate Windows images. This SFC (System File Checker) device, in turn is an Windows tool that generates and restores damaged Windows Framework records. The tools are beneficial when faced with various PC problems, such as the bombarded Windows refreshes.
It is suggested to start by running an SFC output to find any issues with the framework’s records. This is the way to run SFC:
- Start the elevated Command Prompt. To accomplish this, use the Win + R keyboard shortcut, then type CMD into the “Run” dialog box, and then press the Ctrl + Keyboard shortcut Shift + Enter.
- Click “Yes” if you get a UAC prompt.
- Once the “Administrator Command Prompt” window comes up, type or paste the command sfc /scannow and press “Enter”.
- The SFC tool will run for a while, attempting to fix corrupted system files by replacing them with good copies.
After the cycle has completed you can restart your PC to verify that the issue is resolved.
If you get an error message such as “Windows Resource Protection couldn’t begin the maintenance administration” error message If you do, the Windows Modules Installer administration could be disabled. To take a look and enable it if is required, follow the instructions below:
- Press the Windows logo on your keyboard, type “Services” (without quotes), and hit “Enter”.
- In the “Services” window, locate the Windows Modules Installer service and double-click on it.
- Under “Startup type”, set it to “Manual” and click on Apply > OK.
- Now, go back to the command prompt and execute the sfc / scannow command.
In the event that the SFC tool does not detect any mistakes Try fixing Windows 10 pictures using this device. Here’s the procedure:
- Open an elevated command prompt as outlined above and execute the following command: DISM/ Online/ Cleanup-Image/ RestoreHealth.
- This process may take a while depending on the level of corruption. Therefore, wait patiently while the tool is repairing corrupt Windows image files.
- After it’s done, restart your computer and try installing Windows updates.
Fix 3: Perform a Clean Boot
A clean boot can help you discern in the event that you have any product conflicting with your PC. If there are there are no errors in this situation it is a sign that the issue was caused through external factors. In a flawless boot environment your PC starts with a minimal set of driver and startup applications. This could help to eliminate programming conflicts that can occur when you install an external software in Windows.
To check the cleanliness of a boot follow the following directions:
- Press the Windows logo on your keyboard, type msconfig into the Windows Search box, and hit “Enter” to launch System Configuration.
- Under the “General” tab, uncheck the “Load startup items” box, but leave the “Load system services” and “Use original boot configuration” options checked.
- Go to the “Services” tab and click on the “Hide all Microsoft services” checkbox.
- Click the “Disable all” button. This disables all non-Microsoft services.
- Next, under the “Startup” tab, click on “Open Task Manager” and disable all items set to start up when you boot the computer. Once you’re done, exit the Task Manager and go back to the System Configuration window.
- Click on Apply > OK and restart your PC.
If all is going well, then you may find that one of your applications outside of Windows could be the cause of this Windows Update blunder code 0x800f0984. To identify the culprit enable the programs individually and reboot your computer each when you do this.
If you find the culprit, you should consider removing the program from your computer or allowing it to remain impaired. To restore normal Windows environment, simply repair the steps you made using the methods from the above rundown.
Fix 4: Delete the Contents of the SoftwareDistribution Folder
This SoftwareDistribution envelope is in which Windows Update document are merely removed. The documents are required to update your system with the latest updates to protect your device and up-to-date with the latest enhancements.
The envelope is kept updated with WUAgent. Windows Update Agent (WUAgent) and should not be deleted. However, if you’re faced with problems when trying to implement Windows refreshes, clearing the organizer could be the suitable option.
Windows will redownload all of the required files or replicate the organizer and download all the essential components. To get rid of the envelope and to determine if its contents is preventing updates from taking effect and rename it using the following advances:
- Run an elevated command prompt. To do that, press the Win + R shortcut, type cmd into the text box, and press the Ctrl + Shift + Enter combination.
- Click “Yes” if you get a UAC prompt
- In the Command Prompt window with administrator rights, type the command net stop wuauserv and press “Enter”. This will stop the Windows Update service.
- Next, you’ll need to stop the Background Intelligent Transfer Service by executing the command: net stop bits.
- Now, enter the command rename %windir%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak to rename the folder. If the command doesn’t go through the first time, repeat Steps 3 and 4 above and try renaming the folder again.
- If you manage to rename the folder, restart the services you stopped earlier. To do that, execute the following commands one after the other:
- net start wuauserv
- net start bits
The renaming of the SoftwareDistribution organizer can trigger Windows to replicate it and redownload each of the essential components. If you suspect you have the Windows Update error code is 0x800f0984 and is triggered by this, the most effective method is to clean the SoftwareDistribution planner.
Here are the steps:
- Press the Windows logo key and search for Command Prompt. Be sure to run it as an administrator.
- In the elevated command prompt window, type or paste the following commands one after the other and press “Enter” after each action:
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop bits
- Next, open File Explorer by pressing the Win + E shortcut and navigate to the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\ folder. Alternatively, open the “Run” window using the Win + R keyboard shortcut, type or paste the path C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\ and press “OK”.
- In this folder, select all the contents using the Ctrl + A shortcut and hit the “Delete” key. If you run into problems deleting the items, restart your PC and try again.
- Once done, launch the Command Prompt with elevated rights as shown above and execute the following commands one after the other:
- net start wuauserv
- net start bits
After you have completed this procedure, Windows will reconfigure the folder and download all necessary components.
Fix 5: Perform a System Restore
It is the System Restore highlight is helpful when you run into PC mistakes, but can’t trace the source of the problem. The Windows framework causes framework reset its focus on occasion and this could be helpful in determining PC problems.
Framework Restore restores your computer to the state it was in prior to the error that was made. In order for this procedure to be successful, it’s important to look back at the time you first experienced the error.
To perform a system restore, follow these guidelines:
- Go to your “Start” menu, type “Restore” (without quotes) and select “Create a restore point”.
- Click on the “System Restore” button and then select “Next”.
- Find the most appropriate restore point from the list. If you can’t find the relevant restore point, click on the “Show more restore points” option.
- Once you find the restore point you need, select it and click on “Next”.
- Confirm everything on the next page, and if satisfied with the selection you made, click on the “Finish” button.
Be aware that in order in order for the framework of your computer to rebuilt the PC must be restarted. Therefore, ensure that you backup all your work before continuing. The framework should be restored to eliminate the error code 0x800f0984 that occurs when refreshing Windows 10.
Fix 6: Remove the Problematic Windows Update
As mentioned, some users encountered issues with Windows Update mistake code 0x800f0984 following the introduction of the update KB5001330. It is possible to try at uninstalling it and test to see if the error has disappeared.
- Press the Win + I keyboard shortcut.
- Open Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Search for the KB5001330 update, select it and click on “Uninstall”.
In the event that it was the update that caused off the framework’s breakdown, then it will fix the issue.
Fix 7: Reset Your pc
If you are unsure of the cause it is possible to reset your computer. This will restart Windows giving your PC with a new lease on life. Reset your computer with a number of options, with the most straightforward one of which is “Settings”.
Here is how to proceed:
- Go to “Start”.
- Click on the gear icon to launch the “Settings” app.
- Select Update & Security.
- Navigate to Recovery.
- Reset this computer” is the most important option. Click the “Get all things moving” button, and then select one of the options presented to you. If you choose to save your files, Windows will be reinstalled however your files remain in perfect order. The drivers and applications that you have installed will be removed and the settings that you set will be reset to factory defaults. If you decide to remove all of it, Windows will be reinstalled as well as all other stuff, such as your personal documents and applications, drivers and settings are removed.
In the event that you aren’t able to get to your workplace, stick to the following guidelines:
- Restart your PC. If the PC is stuck or frozen on the update screen, hold down the power button to force it to shut down and then power it up. On the sign-in screen, press the Shift key while you click on the “Power” button. Your PC will restart into WinRE (Windows Recovery Environment).
- On the “Choose an options” page, click on Troubleshoot > Reset this PC, and choose one of the options in Step 2 above.
Resetting your computer should resolve this issue. Windows 10 Update mistake code of 0x800f0984. All of the updates should roll out without further problems.