Microsoft regularly publishes Windows Updates Include new features and fixes for many bugs. Additionally, Windows 10 set to automatically install updates If your Windows has access to the internet. Also, you can search for updates that are available via the Start menu-Settings-Update , and Security-check to see if the update is available. Sometimes, however, due to a variety of reasons Windows fails to download and install updates. With Windows 10 updating did not install Error code 0x80248007 or error code 0x80072. The full message reads like.
The Windows 10 update error code 0x80248007 indicates that either there are missing files in Windows Update, or Windows Update cannot find Microsoft Software License Terms. Microsoft Software License Terms. This error is displayed and stops users from installing or downloading any update from Windows Update. Windows updates section.
Related Post: Why did I get error KB2267602?
Update Error 0x80248007 on Windows 10
Microsoft has acknowledged this issue and has promised to fix it by an update to Windows. If you believe that after a few tries the error will disappear it is not the case. You should have followed the steps below for fixing Failed to download Windows 10 update error 0x80072ee7 “windows 10 update was not installed correctly the error code was 0x80248007 ” Windows 10 update issue 0x80072af9 for the duration of time.
Use the windows update Troubleshoot
Windows 10 comes with an integrated Troubleshooting tool for fixing Windows updates-related issues. It’s the most straightforward approach to use therefore, you should test it first:
- Head over to the Microsoft support site and download the troubleshooter(direct download link).
- Once downloaded, open the destination folder and then execute the application
To run the build-in Windows update Troubleshooting tool:
- Open Settings app using Windows + I keyboard shortcut,
- Click on Update & security then troubleshoot,
- Now scroll down and locate windows update,
- Next, you need to click run troubleshooter to start the diagnose process.
- This will check the system for errors and problems which prevent install updates this which can take a few minutes to complete and fix itself.
- Once the diagnose process completes, restart your PC.
- Now Restart the windows and again check for updates once again
Start Windows Installer service
This issue can be fixed by manually restarting this Windows Installer service. The steps needed to fix this are the following:
- Press the Windows key and type cmd here Right-click the Command Prompt result, and choose Run as administrator.
- In the Elevated Command Prompt, type net start msiserver and hit Enter on your keyboard to execute the command.
- This Will display windows installer service was started successfully.
- Now Close the command prompt by clicking the X or by typing Exit and executing the command. Now Restart the system and check for the available updates to download and install.
Reset Windows update components
If you’re still experiencing issues following the troubleshooter’s run doing the same steps manually could be helpful where the troubleshooter couldn’t. Eliminating Windows update cache files is another option that could work for you.
- Open the command prompt as administrator,
- Type: net stop wuauserv Hit Enter key To stop Windows update service.
- Next, run net stop bits to stop bits service.
- Minimize the command prompt And Go to C: > Windows > SoftwareDistribution > DataStore Delete all the files in the folder.
- Do The same on C: > Windows > Software Distribution > Downloads folder.
- It may ask you for administrator permission. Give it. Don’t worry. There’s nothing vital here. Windows Update will recreate what it needs the next time you run it.
- Now-Again move to command prompt and restart the stopped services to this type below commands one by one and press enter key.
First Type: net start wuauserv And Press Enter key to start the windows update service.
- net start bits Hit Enter key to start the BITS Background intelligence task Service.
- When the service has restarted, you can close Command Prompt and restart Windows.
- Give Windows Update another try and see if your problem has been fixed.
- You will be able to download and install the updates successfully.
Related Post: Fix Error Code 0xa00f4271 on Windows 10 in a few Steps
Repair Corrupted Windows system files
SFC command is a simple solution to fix a number of windows related issues. If any damaged or missing system files cause the issue, System File Checker can be very beneficial in fixing. If the error (Windows 10 Update Failed With Error 0x80248007) occurs due to corrupt system files that are damaged or missing, the system file checker will help fix the error.
- First of all, you will have to Open Command Prompt as Admin.
- Then type “sfc /scannow” and hit enter.
It will scan your system for essential system files and replace them as needed. Then wait until Windows is able to repair and scan the system files. If the System File Checker finds out that the files protected are being in fact overwritten by incorrect file types, the program will retrieve the correct system file from backup of your system files (namely the dllcache) as well as replace the wrong file. After the System repair and check of files is finished, reboot your computer to check if your system is running smoothly.
download Windows 10 update error code 0x80072ee7 “windows 10 update was not able to be installed error (0x80248007) ” Windows 10 update issue 0x80072af9 for the duration of. I’m hoping that following these steps, Windows will be able to install updates without errors. If you have any question, suggestion, don’t hesitate to contact me.