There are times when you have problems with your webcam. You are not alone in this. If you are getting error code 0xa00f4271 while trying to use the webcam, checking your camera settings or editing the registry are essential steps to resolve the issue. When this annoying problem is finally resolved, our system errors section is waiting for you. You will definitely find the help you are looking for. Similar problems are likely to arise from time to time. Remember, we have major Windows 10 hub flaws in this regard.
The problem with the error code 0xa00f4271 first appeared after the Windows 10th anniversary update in 2016.
Subsequently, users reported an error on the Microsoft forums. Error code 0xA00F4271 (0x80070491) that appeared when they tried to use their webcams.
Embedded webcams will not work when you receive this error message. Here are some solutions to the error code 0xa00f4271 for users who still need to fix the problem.
How can I fix the Mediacapture error event for error code 0xa00f4271?
1. Open the Microsoft Store app troubleshooter
Troubleshooting Microsoft Store apps can provide a solution if the error code 0xa00f4271 is more specifically related to UWP apps using the webcam. Users can open the WSA troubleshooter as follows.
- Click Type here to search for Cortana to open.
- Login Solve Problems in the search box and click Solve Problems Settings.
- Then select the Microsoft Store Troubleshooting app in the Settings window that opens.
- Then click Perform this fix by button.
- After that, users can follow the solutions given in the troubleshooting guide.
- Restart Windows after applying a suggested resolution.
2. Check the camera settings
Make sure the Allow apps to use my camera hardware option is checked. Applications cannot use the webcam if this setting is disabled. Users can check the camera settings as follows.
- Open Cortana and enter Camera in your search box.
- Select Camera Privacy Settings in the search results to open the window shown directly below.
- When the window says camera access to this device is f user need to click change and change the camera access for that device option within
- Then flip the Allow apps to access your camera option within
- Make sure the webcam apps that you want to use the camera with are also turned on Select which apps can access your camera Subtitles.
- Restart Windows after adjusting the camera settings.
3. Edit the record
Some users said that editing the registry fixed the error code 0xa00f4271. Therefore, this issue of the registry can be one of the best solutions. Edit the record as follows.
- First opening run with the Windows key + R. Key combination users can open the registry editor by typing regedt Run and clicking OK .
- Open this log path in the Registry Editor directory.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWOW6432NodeMicrosoftWindows Media Foundation
- Double click Windows Media Foundation on the left of the registry editor.
- Right-click a space to the right of the Registry Editor window and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value .
- Registration EnableFrameServerMode as the title for the new DWORD.
- Then double-click Enable Frame Server Mode to open the window on the card directly below.
- Enter 0 in the Data Value text box, and click the OK button
- Restart Windows after editing the registry.
Can’t access the registry editor on Windows 10? Solve this problem with this guide!
4. Update the webcam driver
The error code 0xa00f4271 may appear due to an outdated webcam driver. The Driver Booster 6 software informs users whether or not they need to update their webcam drivers.
Users can add DB 6 for Windows by clicking the free download button on the software page. Driver Booster 6 scans the system when users run the software.
Click the Update All button if the DB 6 scan results include a webcam.
5. Update Windows 10
Some users have confirmed that patch updates fixed error code 0xa00f4271. Other users solved the problem by updating Windows 10 to the latest build version.
Users can upgrade to the latest build version by downloading the upgrade wizard, launching it, and selecting Upgrade Now. Follow the guidelines below to check for new patch updates.
- Open the Cortana search field with the Windows + Q key keyboard shortcut.
- Update registration to find the update settings.
- Then click Check for Updates to open the Settings window as shown directly below.
- Press the Check for Updates button
- Windows automatically installs available updates. Restart Windows when installing new updates
One of the above solutions can fix the error code 0xa00f4271 so that users can re-record with their web cameras. Users have found other solutions for error code 0xa00f4271. You can certainly share them below.
Frequently Asked Questions – Learn more about Windows 10 errors
How do I check my computer for Errors?
Note that Windows 10 includes a system token utility that connects Windows Resource Protection to check if there are any errors on your computer. This will check and repair the files on the system in no time.
Why is my computer having problems?
Your computer is constantly experiencing problems due to memory problems, outdated drivers, damaged system files, and virus infections.
You can check out this list of the best antivirus software tools to avoid.
How do I check the status of my computer?
Use the keyboard shortcut to check the status of your computer Windows Key + R. Is it running The window will open. Entry perfmon is he performance monitor will open.