Along with a host of new features, the Windows update also brings a flurry of new issues for some users. Among these, one of the most common errors is the error “This application could not start correctly (0xc00007b)”.
There are many reasons why users get this error, the most common being an attempt to run a 32-bit application on a 64-bit copy of Windows. Some users may also face this error after recent Windows update.
Here is a complete guide on how to fix 0xc00007b error Windows 10:
Corrupted User Account
If more than one application cannot start with this fix 0xc00007b error code, it is usually the result of a corrupted user account. The best way to resolve this issue is to perform a clean start and run the application again.
In Clean Boot, Windows disables all third-party applications and services. This will help ensure that the problem is not caused by interference from these applications and services.
How to perform a clean start
It’s simple, just follow these steps:
- Log on to your computer as an administrator
- Press Windows + R, type msconfig and press Enter. You can also search for msconfig in the search box and select System Configuration .
- In the system configuration window, click on the Services tab, select Hide all Microsoft services and then click Disable all
- Click the tab Start the configuration of the system and click Open Task Manager .
- In Task Manager , go to the Startup tab and select each service and click Disable (located in the lower right corner).
- Close Task Manager and return to the window configuration of the system . Click on OK.
- Restart your computer.
On restart, try launching your app again and see if it works. If it launches successfully, it means that the error was caused by a third-party application or service.
Create a new user account
If booting in clean mode didn’t help, there is one more thing users can try. Create a new user account in Windows and try to run the application again.
To do so, just follow these steps:
- Click Start and go to Settings , then select Family & Other Users.
- Click Add someone else to this PC.
- Select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Enter the credentials.
After creating the user account, log in using that account and see if the app is working. If not, it’s time to move on to the other methods.
Reinstall DirectX, Redistributables, and .NET Framework
A common fix for many user issues is to reinstall DirectX , redistributables such as Microsoft Visual C ++ and .NET Framework packages. The reason is that some apps, especially games, require the latest version of the aforementioned tools and libraries to function properly.
Download links are given below: –
- Redist VC
- Microsoft .NET Framework
Remember to download Runtime and NOT the development packs.
Reinstall the app
Compatibility issues are common on Windows 10, and they are likely to cause 0xc00007b error Windows 10. To resolve this issue effectively, follow these steps:
- Click Start, search for Programs and Features . Select the result.
- In the list, click on the program that gives the error and click Uninstall.
- Locate the program’s installer file and right-click on it.
- Select Properties and go to the Compatibility tab .
- Select an older version of Windows (preferably Windows 7 or XP) from the drop-down menu.
- Remember to also check the Run as administrator box .
- Click on ok and proceed with the installation of the application.
Now, this may seem like overkill for some users, but it is also an effective way to deal with other common application errors. It is best to rule out any possibility before moving on to more advanced diagnostic techniques.
CHKDSK is one of the most useful diagnostic tools in Windows. From storage issues to file system errors, CHKDSK will likely find the root cause of the problem and fix it. The icing on the cake? It’s easy to use.
To run CHKDSK, just follow these steps:
- Search for cmd in the Windows search bar.
- Right-click on the best match and click Run as administrator.
- Type chkdsk / r in the Command Prompt console and press Enter.
RELATED: 7 Nifty CHKDSK Features to Use in Windows 10
After that all you have to do is wait for CHKDSK to work its magic. Users can take a bathroom break as it may take some time for issues to be diagnosed. But if it takes too long, CHKDSK might be blocked.
Another cool feature included in Windows is SFC or the System File Checker. This program scans for missing or corrupted system files and repairs them. Users should use SFC as a last resort as it restores Windows system files to their default state. This also includes Windows DLL files, so it is best to back them up.
How to use SFC? Just follow these steps:
- Launch the command prompt as administrator.
- To check and repair system files, use sfc / scannow.
- To just check the system files, use sfc / verifyonly . (No changes made to system files and DLL)
- Hit enter.
If SFC finds an error and fixes it, try running the affected program again to see if it works. There may be cases where SFC will find corrupted files but cannot repair them. In such cases, it is best to run the program once or twice.
Even though Windows usually updates automatically, it’s worth checking to see if your device has missed them. If you are using a limited connection or if you have completely disabled updates, follow these steps to manually check for updates.
Go to Start> Settings> Update & Security and click on Windows Update. Select Search for updates to day to see if your device is running the latest version of Windows.
This application failed to start? Now he can
By using these methods, most of the users can remove the 0x00007b error in Windows, but as mentioned in the introduction, there are some programs that only run on a 64-bit or 32-bit system. For example, most new games are only 64-bit. Users who are on an ARM system can also try using the built-in 64-bit application emulator.
Follow these steps one by one and resolve this and any other errors that are occurring on your Windows.
Similar Post: errorslab.com/0x80070490-windows-10/