Fix window error code 0x8007000D when trying to activate Windows: The main cause of error code 0x8007000D is that the Windows files are missing or corrupt, so Windows update cannot progress and therefore the error. You will not be able to install new updates due to this error, which can be harmful to your system as you will not be able to download security updates, which in the long run will make your system vulnerable to viruses, malware and external threats.
Attempting to activate your copy of Windows or using the slsmgr -dlv or slmgr -ato command in cmd will generate the following error:
The data is not valid. Error code 8007000d.
We forgot to mention that this error can also be caused because the default system account has Full Control permissions of the registry path.
And if those permissions were changed for the root key or any subkey, we would see error code 0x8007000D. I think we have now covered error code 0x8007000D in detail and without wasting any time let’s see how to fix this problem.
Fix error code 0x8007000D when trying to activate Windows
Make sure to create a restore point if something goes wrong.
Method 1: Using Microsoft Fixit
If the error code 0x8007000D is caused by root key authorization tampering, this fix would permanently fix the problem.
Fix this problem Microsoft Fix it 50485
Method 2: Erase everything in the SoftwareDistribution download folder
- Press Windows key + R then type “% systemroot% SoftwareDistributionDownload” and press Enter.
- Select everything in the download folder (Cntrl + A), then delete it.
- Confirm the action in the resulting pop-up window, then close all.
- Erase everything from the recycle bin as well, then restart your PC to save the changes.
Try updating Windows again and this time it could start downloading the update without any issues.
Method 3: Run System File Checker (SFC) and Check Disk (CHKDSK)
Press Windows key + X, then click Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now type the following in the cmd and press Enter:
- Sfc / scannow sfc / scannow / offbootdir = c: / offwindir = c: Nwindows
- Wait for the above process to finish and when done, restart your PC.
- Then run CHKDSK from here. Correct file system errors with Check Disk Utility (CHKDSK).
- Let the above process complete and restart your PC to save the changes.
Method 4: Run CCleaner and Malwarebytes
Run a full virus scan to make sure your computer is safe. On top of that, it runs CCleaner and Malwarebytes Anti-malware.
- Download and install C Cleaner and Malwarebytes.
- Launch Malwarebytes and let it scan your system for harmful files.
- If malware is detected, it will automatically remove it.
- Now launch C Cleaner and in the “Cleaner” section, in the Windows tab, we suggest you check the following selections to clean:
- Once you’ve made sure the correct points are checked, just click on Run Cleaner and let C Cleaner run its course.
- To clean up your system, select the Registry tab and make sure the following is checked:
- Select Scan by problem and allow C Cleaner to scan, then click Troubleshoot selected problems.
- When C Cleaner asks “Do you want to save registry changes?” select Yes.
- When your backup is complete, select Fix all selected issues.
- Restart your PC and you may be able to fix error code 0x8007000D when you try to activate Windows.
Method 5: Run DISM (Servicing and Managing Deployment Images)
- Press Windows Key + X, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Enter the following command in cmd and press Enter
Note: Replace the repair fountain windows with the location of your repair fountain
- Press Enter to execute the above command and wait for the process to finish, normally it takes 15-20 minutes.
- After the DISM process, if it is finished, type the following in the cmd and press Enter: sfc / scannow
- Let the System File Checker run and, when done, restart your PC.
Recommended for you
- The Fix Developer Mode package did not install error code 0x80004005
- How to fix we can sync $ 0027t now Error 0x8500201d
- Fix We could not update the system reserved partition
- Windows Explorer has stopped working [SOLVED]
That is, you have successfully resolved error code 0x8007000D while trying to activate Windows, but if you still have any questions about this guide, feel free to ask them in the comments section.