Error Code 0x80070643 is an annoying error that is associated with Windows Update. In fact, there are a lot of Windows users who have reported having this error appearing while they were trying to update their systems or were installing certain programs. There is a way to fix the error code 0x80070643, and this article will tell you how.
There were issues installing the updates, but we’ll try again later. If you continue to see this and search web support or contact for more information, it may help:
– Definition Update for Windows Defender -KB2267602 (Definition 1.213.1379.0) – Error code 0x80070643
It should be noted that the solutions for the error code 0x80070643 may depend on how the error was triggered in the first place. Jake Kovoor from SaintLad described several ways to deal with the error, but one particular method stood out because it fixed the error for many users (Jake included).
Similar Post: how-to-fix-error-code-0x800705b4-in-windows-10-2/
How To Fix Error Code 0x80070643 – Solution 1
Here is what steps should be taken for this solution to work:
1. Go to Services (you can directly search for services on your Windows system)
2. Locate Intelligent Transfer Service in the list of services and then right click to stop it.
3. Then, find Windows Update in the list of services and right click to stop it.
4. Open File Explorer and copy-paste the following link into the search bar at the top:
c: \ Windows Software Distribution Download
5. Delete all the content it contains. Don’t worry, it won’t delete your data. It only removes the latest Windows updates.
Once you have completed these steps, now it is time to install Windows updates without facing error code 0x80070643.Related: Deleted Files and Crashing Bugs After Windows 10 October 2018 Update .
How To Fix Error Code 0x80070643 – Solution 2
Another method for correcting the error includes the following steps:
1. Open Apps & Features option in Windows Settings.
2. Under the list of applications, locate the update with said error code (for example “Windows Update # 4023057”). It should be there, listed under Installed Programs as an update.
3. Remove the update.Uninstall by right clicking on the update and selecting Uninstall.
4. The last step of this solution requires restarting the computer and then running after updating Windows.
How To Fix Code Error 0x80070643 – Solution 3
If none of these worked, you can try to fix the error through Windows Update. You can try restarting your computer and then installing the program or the update one more time.
Another way is to restart the Windows Installer Service . Keep in mind that faulty configurations in Windows Installer service can play with installations and possibly cause various errors such as 0x80070643. So, installing this service may solve the problem by doing the following:
1. On your keyboard and press both the Windows key and the R key to open the Run box.
2. Type services.msc and then press the Enter key.
3. Click Windows Installer, then click the restart button.
How To Fix Error 0x80070643 – Solution 4
Another method of fixing the error code 0x80070643 requires fixing a corrupted .NET Framework installation , as such an installation can be at fault for various issues. If this one gets damaged in any way then it would definitely cause the computer to fail installing updates or any other program.
If so, what will you do?
First, download the official .Repair Tool NET Framework developed by Microsoft and then open. The tool should automatically repair issues if such are found.
You can also go to the Microsoft .NET Framework download page to download the latest available version of the .NET Framework, and install it by following the instructions.
Many Windows Defender users have tried the methods mentioned above and the success rate of using these solutions is quite good. So, by performing any of these methods, users can get rid of error code 0x80070643 and can resume their work without interruption.