After releasing an update to Windows 10’s 20h2 cumulative version Microsoft has started the release of a patch to earlier versions of Windows. As usual, you are able to download the Windows 10 offline installers to install the update on several devices without the need for an internet connection.
Windows 10 KB5000808 has been made available as part of the Patch Tuesday release cycle. it offers general security enhancements. However, it also comes with non-security updates if you’ve never installed the February optional update.
Today, Microsoft released the KB5000802 update for Windows 10 v2004 & v20H2 users. This update is now available in the case of Windows 10 v1909 users as KB5000808. The update includes both standard fixes as well as crucial security patches. The main focus of the update is to fix the vulnerability of privilege escalation that affects the action print. Apart from that, a few Windows components, like the kernel basic, virtualization, and so on. Also, they received security enhancements.
Download KB5000808 cumulative update
Install KB5000808 by using Windows Update
- To install this update using Windows Update, you have to go to Start Menu and click on Settings.
- Then, you need to select Update & Security option.
- Now, you have to click on Windows Update.
- You need to click on the Check for updates button in the right-hand pane.
- Finally, you will be able to see the update and should install it automatically.
Download offline installers for KB5000808
- Firstly, these updates can also be installed on any computer that has the relevant version of Windows 10, without having an internet connection.
- You need to download the offline installers below as per your Windows 10 version and platform requirements.
- Then, you have to download KB5000808 for Windows 10 Version 1909 64-Bit for 446 MB.
- Now, you need to download KB5000808 for Windows 10 Version 1909 32-Bit for 152.2 MB.
- After that, to install the update, you have to run the downloaded MSU file and Windows will automatically install the cumulative update.
- You need to check out your current Windows build by launching Run and then typing winver.
Windows 10 KB5000808 (Build 18363.1440) Full Changelog
The main focus on Windows 10 Build 18363.1440 is evidently security fixes however, it also has quality fixes.
For example, Microsoft says it has solved front-end issues that affected some Windows applications and settings.
This cumulative update resolves an issue with the SetWindowRgn API, which is responsible for defining the screen’s coordinates. Following an error-prone update that was not properly executed, the API began using wrong values for windows of the app. In the end, certain users were not able to increase, decrease or close windows.
As with every cumulative update patch, the March 2021 update for version 1909 has an BSOD solution.
Not to mention, Microsoft has also resolved the issue that leads to an increase in bandwidth consumption during the time that Windows 10 is checking for updates. Microsoft believes the issue only affected an extremely small portion of users and those using a specific user proxy for the alternative method.
There are known issues with the update
In the Changelog Microsoft is currently looking into reports of a unique issue in which user certificates for enterprise-level apps are lost after you upgrade your device. The issue is also seen when you run an outdated version of media creation Tools as well as media files that don’t include the hotfix.
In the event that you are managing you Windows Updates manually, Microsoft suggests that you install the most recent servicing updates to your stack (SSU) prior to installing the most recent Cumulative Update (LCU).
Most of the time, SSUs are automatically installed if you install Windows Update via Settings. In some instances, you may have in order to download and install an SSU manually. This is necessary only if the update is not able to be installed.
We hope this guide has helped you understand how to Download the KB5000808 Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1909 18363.1440. The steps covered in this article will help you learn the process more easily. We invite you to send us your valuable feedback and comments in the section below. Thank you for checking out our website.